Sep 13, 2009 at 8:24 PM
Edited Sep 13, 2009 at 8:28 PM
Some more progress...documenting it here in case it is helpful for others later...
1) .chm files were being blocked by the OS (Win7 for me..though Vista does this) - Right click, go to properites/unblock to view the .chm
2) If you get sql errors about 'failing to create user instance..." you may be hitting a sqlexpress bug. I ended up uninstalling all sql express components, installing sql express 2008 sp1, setting it in sql manager to run as 'local service', and then
turned off user instances (end of the connection string in web.config..I set it to false). This isn't dz related, but since this project uses sql and I spent 4 hours on it, figured I'd mention it.
3) My code now does this:
- Setup an event handler for when the collection is retrieved
- adds the collection that comes back to a listbox so that users can select it
- on select, takes the index and passes it to RetrieveCollectionInit, passing it the selectedListIndex
This creates an url with an ending such as: semi-dynamic.aspx?exec=init&cid=sysadmin_20090912025257855_collection
That request returns some xml which has paths such as:
One problem for me here is that the path assumes my silverlight app is running from the \sl path on the website...I think this is what is currently messing my app up.
Anyway I'll keep plugging away at it. If there is a way to set a default path for the silverlight app, or if I'm totally wrong on this pleaset let me know. I may have to put up a blog or wiki when done to help
Update: I was calling the semi-dynamic with a full path (http:// etc.) so I think looking through the source this caused an issue. will update and try again tonight