Thumbnail images

Apr 21, 2009 at 5:04 PM
Hi,

Is it possible to use Thumbnail images other than with the semi-dynamic and dynamic mode ?
Is it possible to use statically a collection generated dynamicaly in that case => for example, you use the admin website to generate the files and after, you instantiate a deepZoom objetc with the files generated (and therefore the ability to use the thumbnail). If it is possible, what file do you refer to in the sl\out directory ?

Thanks
regards
Apr 21, 2009 at 5:38 PM
Can you also please give a clear exemple on how to manually DZCConverter because I'm feeling lost with all the parameters !

Many thanks
Great job !

Apr 23, 2009 at 9:55 PM
Usage:
DzcConverter [inputImagesDir] [outputTilesDir] [tileSize] [compression] [horizontalSpacing] [verticalSpacing] [collectionXmlFile] [collectionImagesParentDirPath] [sourceImageListFile]

Sample:
DzcConverter E:\jellyfish\sl\out\source_files\ E:\jellyfish\sl\out\20090423224400\ 256 90 5 5 collection.xml / E:\jellyfish\sl\out\20090423224400\source_image_list.txt E:\jellyfish\sl\out\collection_images\

Explanation:
DzcConverter - application name
E:\jellyfish\sl\out\source_files\ - source directory where source xml files are saved (each xml file represents cut image)
E:\jellyfish\sl\out\20090423224400\ - destination directory where output collection.xaml file should be generated
256 - width/height of tile in pixels
90 - image quality

collection.xml - name of file that should be generated (also requested from Silverlight, Deep Zoom source)
/
E:\jellyfish\sl\out\20090423224400\source_image_list.txt - list of xml files from the 'source_files' directory (only filenames separated with new line)
E:\jellyfish\sl\out\collection_images\

I agree, it is not that easy to implement this tool in your application. I had similar problems with "file orientation" when customizing procedures and trying to upload multiple images at one go.
Coordinator
May 6, 2009 at 5:47 AM
All,

Now we are investigating deep zoom composer dll for better intergration.

I will report any progress about this to here.

Thanks,

Ken Azuma