This project is read-only.

Jellyfish first build problems

Coordinator
Oct 16, 2008 at 4:17 PM
Edited Oct 17, 2008 at 2:19 PM
If you have any problem when you use Jellyfish, please write in this discussion.
Apr 13, 2009 at 5:19 PM
I have downloaded all the zip files mentioned , but still not able to figure the paths mentioned in the steps.

do I have to manually create those folders at the location of my choice?.. how will i get the dlls for jellyfish on to my application?

Please respond.

thank you
Apr 15, 2009 at 9:46 AM
going through your steps..

Please check "app.xaml.cs" and find "this.RootVisual".

// this.RootVisual = new Step09ChangeSelectableSkin();
this.RootVisual = new Step10
Dynamic();

I still dont get what am I suppose to replace there? what is Step10Dynamic()?

Please help me. I really need to run this code.
Apr 15, 2009 at 10:56 AM
from the sourcecode folder : 

1 . please specify what did you mean by 'commit' instruction

2. for download 20224 : add layoutfiles(for semi-dynamic) - could you clarify this step.

Thanks,
awaiting a response,
Suruchika.

Coordinator
Apr 15, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Hi, suru83

The Install Steps, introduced by below page, need one more step.
http://jellyfishdz.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=25392
I'm so sorry about it.

Before Hit F5 Key at 10),
please right-clicks in "jellyfishDZApp.Web" project.
and select [set start-up project].

thanks,

Apr 20, 2009 at 12:11 PM
Hi,
thru ur video at visitmix, I understand how to use jellyfish schema since I got the whole source code with your help to work.
But I wanted to know how do I get all the generated image folder files for the images of my own?.. since i need to use jelly fish utilities for my own images

please ask me if u need more clarification.

thanks.
Apr 20, 2009 at 4:23 PM
Hi,
Well I figure out I can get these Generated Images folder through Deep Zoom Composer,

but I'm a little stuck on how do I create the whole project to use jellyfish..
is it like 1. Create Deep Zoom Composer project
            2. Copy/replace the GeneratedImages folder from it to Jellyfish project
            but what about the sl/out folder of the jellyfish project?

please can you give me a few steps to start on creating a new project with my own images.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Apr 23, 2009 at 1:28 AM
Hi, suru83

Generated Images (from Deep Zoom Composer) work from Step1 to Step4.
but it does not work from Step5 to Step10.

I'll write details later. Please give a some time.

thanks,

Apr 23, 2009 at 12:03 PM
Thanks for the response.

So for the steps 1-4 I can use my images, but is there any way I can use my Blend created layouts instead of these images i.e. my interactive images..? 

or is it that I will have to add all the interactivity using the Visual Studio after adding these images..?
Apr 24, 2009 at 10:19 PM
Thanks tatsushi,
steps 1-4 work for me with my set of images, but I'm really curious if its possible to embed a silverlight site instead of simple images? even if its only steps 1-4 that work for it..

and if I have to add all that interactivity that may be same as my silverlight site enables into my images, after adding my generated images to jellyfish project how can I go about it?

I would really appreciate your tips on this.
Apr 29, 2009 at 2:18 PM
Edited Apr 29, 2009 at 4:31 PM
Could you please create a new set of installation guide that is more clear? And some documents how JF should be used in a new project rather than your sample?
Thanks!
Coordinator
May 6, 2009 at 5:37 AM
suru83,

Yes, we got many feedback about semi/dynamic feature for static situation.

We've already done with "dummy semi-dynamic" way by preparing metadata XMLgenerated by our serverside, but for static.

Ben,

As you mentioned about, we have to prepare good 101 guide for Jellyfish. Let me take a time for it !

Ken Azuma